Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Face id still not working after latest update on iPhone X MAX. Can it be fixed?

Face id still not working after latest update in iPhone XS MAX. True depth camera not working. Can it be fixed?

iPhone XS Max, iOS 15

Posted on Jun 29, 2022 7:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 29, 2022 8:23 AM

Apologies if this sounds obvious but I assume you haven't had the screen replaced recently?

I haven't heard of any issues specifically with the XS Max after the latest iOS update, but that doesn't mean there isn't a problem.

Have you tried the obvious such as resetting Face ID:

1. Go to Settings-> Face ID & Passcode.
  2. Select Reset Face ID. This will erase your current Face ID data.
  3. Turn Face ID off.
  4. Restart your iPhone XS Max (soft reset).
  5. Go back to Settings-> Face ID & Passcode menu, then select the option to Reset Face ID. This will allow you to create a new Face ID.

If that fails to solve it then you might need to consider:

If an alert says Face ID has been disabled on your iPhone or iPad Pro - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 29, 2022 8:23 AM in response to Shenavai

Apologies if this sounds obvious but I assume you haven't had the screen replaced recently?

I haven't heard of any issues specifically with the XS Max after the latest iOS update, but that doesn't mean there isn't a problem.

Have you tried the obvious such as resetting Face ID:

1. Go to Settings-> Face ID & Passcode.
  2. Select Reset Face ID. This will erase your current Face ID data.
  3. Turn Face ID off.
  4. Restart your iPhone XS Max (soft reset).
  5. Go back to Settings-> Face ID & Passcode menu, then select the option to Reset Face ID. This will allow you to create a new Face ID.

If that fails to solve it then you might need to consider:

If an alert says Face ID has been disabled on your iPhone or iPad Pro - Apple Support

Face id still not working after latest update on iPhone X MAX. Can it be fixed?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.