Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New Gen 3 airpods won't let me adjust settings?

When opening up the settings for my brand new Gen 3 airpods on my Iphone 13, it gives me the option to turn on/off the "Automatic Ear Detection", "Optimized Battery Charging", "Spatial Audio", and "Find My Network". However, it does not show the individual airpod (L or R) so that I can adjust which one I want to skip to the next selection, or return to the previous selection. It also does not give me the option to switch between "Transparency Mode" and "Noise Cancellation Mode". I have reset the airpods. I have "forgotten the device" on my Iphone 13, and reconnected to them. I have restarted my Iphone13 twice, I have checked for updates, and nothing changes. What do I need to do so I can adjust the settings on my airpods?

Posted on Jun 29, 2022 7:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 29, 2022 4:09 PM

Hi there

I'm sorry to hear that your AirPods aren't working as they should

First off, None of the AirPods Gen 1,2,3 have Noise cancellation or Transparency Mode, those features are only available on the Pros and on the Max versions of the AirPods lineup, second the AirPods 3 and Pro (I don't know about the Max's) have a different style of how to change music and skip and play and pause, on the steam on the AirPods they have a force sensor instead of the double tap feature that was used on the older generations. With the double tap you could change what it did, but because there are more options with the force sensor there's no need to change what it does, here's a link to information about how to use the force sensor on AirPods 3 and Pro : Pause, skip, and adjust volume with your AirPods and AirPods Pro - Apple Support

I Hope this helped!

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 29, 2022 4:09 PM in response to kdeweb24

Hi there

I'm sorry to hear that your AirPods aren't working as they should

First off, None of the AirPods Gen 1,2,3 have Noise cancellation or Transparency Mode, those features are only available on the Pros and on the Max versions of the AirPods lineup, second the AirPods 3 and Pro (I don't know about the Max's) have a different style of how to change music and skip and play and pause, on the steam on the AirPods they have a force sensor instead of the double tap feature that was used on the older generations. With the double tap you could change what it did, but because there are more options with the force sensor there's no need to change what it does, here's a link to information about how to use the force sensor on AirPods 3 and Pro : Pause, skip, and adjust volume with your AirPods and AirPods Pro - Apple Support

I Hope this helped!

New Gen 3 airpods won't let me adjust settings?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.