Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I lost my I phone 8plus .is there anyway I can get my 45k photos

I lost my I phone 8plus ,is there a way to recover my 45k photos

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 14

Posted on Jun 29, 2022 9:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 29, 2022 9:47 AM

If you are storing your photos on iCloud and are paying for a storage subscription, then they are all accessible under the Photos app at iCloud.com - or on any other Apple device you are signed in to.

If you did not enable iCloud backup or were not paying for additional storage, it is physically impossible to access any photos as there will be no backup.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 29, 2022 9:47 AM in response to karissa58

If you are storing your photos on iCloud and are paying for a storage subscription, then they are all accessible under the Photos app at iCloud.com - or on any other Apple device you are signed in to.

If you did not enable iCloud backup or were not paying for additional storage, it is physically impossible to access any photos as there will be no backup.

Jun 29, 2022 10:13 AM in response to karissa58

Hi Karissa,

I’m afraid not, sorry.

The reason is your photos have not been syncing and uploading to the cloud. If you were to pay for it now, the phone would need to be charged and connected to the internet. Then it would automatically copy all your photos to the cloud.

If you regularly pay for storage and then miss a payment, Apple will downgrade your storage to the free 5GB plan. You then have a short grace period to pay for the upgraded storage again before you lose your data - that is the only scenario where you can pay for storage and keep all your photos.

If you do not pay for storage, then your phone will stop syncing any data to iCloud past the first 5GB which is free.

I lost my I phone 8plus .is there anyway I can get my 45k photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.