Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Receiving someone else's Apple ID emails

I am getting Apple ID verification / password reset emails for an identical email to mine without the "." in it. This is because Gmail claims you own all iterations of the email (for example, if my email is john.smith@gmail.com then I also own johnsmith, j.ohnsmit.h, j.o.h.n.s.m.i.t.h, etc.. @gmail.com) , therefore this person is just using the email as their account/username for multiple things without actually having access to the email account.. most of the time I can just mark the promo emails as spam but I am concerned about the security risk of the ties to my Apple ID as well as other accounts that have been created... is there anything I can do?

Posted on Jun 29, 2022 9:43 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 29, 2022 9:47 AM

You can change your Apple ID email address on your current Apple ID so you retain access to your data and prior purchases. Note the restrictions in the article.

Apple ID Name Change.  * 

Make sure you turn off Find My Phone before signing out of the old ID. Once signed out and Find My Phone is off, then sign in with the new ID, then turn Find My Phone back on.

What to do after you change your Apple ID or password - Apple Support  *  I suggest doing this before you change your Apple ID or password.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 29, 2022 9:47 AM in response to duranduranfanfan

You can change your Apple ID email address on your current Apple ID so you retain access to your data and prior purchases. Note the restrictions in the article.

Apple ID Name Change.  * 

Make sure you turn off Find My Phone before signing out of the old ID. Once signed out and Find My Phone is off, then sign in with the new ID, then turn Find My Phone back on.

What to do after you change your Apple ID or password - Apple Support  *  I suggest doing this before you change your Apple ID or password.

Receiving someone else's Apple ID emails

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.