Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to make a call from another device after enabling "Allow Calls on Other Devices"

I have an iPhone 13 and an iPhone XR. The iPhone 13 has a SIM in it but the iPhone XR does not. Both phones are signed into the same iCloud account. With this setup, when I call my iPhone 13, the call is successfully relayed to the iPhone XR, so this is fine. But when I try to make an outgoing from the iPhone XR, I immediately get a 'Call failed' message on my iPhone XR. So why isn't this working ? I thought making calls from 'other devices' is also supported. Is this not the case ?

Posted on Jun 29, 2022 11:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 29, 2022 5:01 PM

Did you happen to turn off cellular by going to settings>cellular> and turn off cellular data so that it will use wifi? And turn on wifi calling? I know you mentioned that the iPhone XR doesn't have a sim, but you know......technology! Silly question, have you restarted both devices?

Make a call with Wi-Fi Calling - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 29, 2022 5:01 PM in response to rom.ph

Did you happen to turn off cellular by going to settings>cellular> and turn off cellular data so that it will use wifi? And turn on wifi calling? I know you mentioned that the iPhone XR doesn't have a sim, but you know......technology! Silly question, have you restarted both devices?

Make a call with Wi-Fi Calling - Apple Support

Unable to make a call from another device after enabling "Allow Calls on Other Devices"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.