Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Not connected to internet?

Ever since I got this iPhone 13 I have run into this problem. If I tap a link in some app—e.g. Twitter—to go to say a NYT article it takes me to Safari which tells me I am not connect Ed to the internet. I’m not on wifi but the phone should make it happen. If I go straight to Safari and just search for something it works. I keep setting my browser to something else but I still get sent to Safari. What is going on here?

iPhone 13 Pro Max, iOS 15

Posted on Jun 29, 2022 3:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 29, 2022 3:11 PM

If you are not on wifi, and this only seems to be happening when you are on data then try and do the same thing but when you are wifi and see what happens. You could also try putting the phone into airplane mode for a few seconds, then turning wifi and data back on, or turning the phone off and on to see if this resets the issue. It may also be a issue with cache, in which case you would have to delete cookies or reset the cache.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 29, 2022 3:11 PM in response to Brunettin

If you are not on wifi, and this only seems to be happening when you are on data then try and do the same thing but when you are wifi and see what happens. You could also try putting the phone into airplane mode for a few seconds, then turning wifi and data back on, or turning the phone off and on to see if this resets the issue. It may also be a issue with cache, in which case you would have to delete cookies or reset the cache.

Not connected to internet?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.