Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why is my Face ID for iPhone X is saying not available

Why is Face ID is saying not available

iPhone X, iOS 15

Posted on Jun 29, 2022 4:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 29, 2022 4:21 PM

Hi There

I'm sorry to hear that your iPhone isn't working as it should

First Here's a Link to a support page about if it says that Face ID is disabled:If an alert says Face ID has been disabled on your iPhone or iPad Pro

secondly, if you recently had your screen fixed by a repairer that isn't authorised by apple, then that could be the problem as the display needs to be recalibrated before Face ID works again and that isn't available to non apple authorised repairers, same applies to if you fixed it.

Third, The true depth camera system has failed and needs to be looked at by a authorised apple repairer or apple them self so they can have a look at it, to see if theres a fault

I Hope This Helped!

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 29, 2022 4:21 PM in response to tafar

Hi There

I'm sorry to hear that your iPhone isn't working as it should

First Here's a Link to a support page about if it says that Face ID is disabled:If an alert says Face ID has been disabled on your iPhone or iPad Pro

secondly, if you recently had your screen fixed by a repairer that isn't authorised by apple, then that could be the problem as the display needs to be recalibrated before Face ID works again and that isn't available to non apple authorised repairers, same applies to if you fixed it.

Third, The true depth camera system has failed and needs to be looked at by a authorised apple repairer or apple them self so they can have a look at it, to see if theres a fault

I Hope This Helped!

Why is my Face ID for iPhone X is saying not available

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.