Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sharing a Keynote presentation with a windows pc

If I create a presentation on my Mac using Keynote, which contains text, still pictures, and video clips, and then save that file to iCloud, can a colleague of mine who uses a Windows PC download the same file to his iCloud account, then open it and view it using the Keynote app in iWork? If so, are there any special things he needs to know, and how does he go about this step-by-step?

Thanks for any help you can provide

Posted on Jun 30, 2022 1:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 30, 2022 1:59 AM

An option might be to export the presentation and share that with your PC-using contact. Convert Keynote presentations to PDF, Microsoft PowerPoint and more says that on a Mac you can export:

• Microsoft PowerPoint: Office Open XML (.pptx) and Office 97 or later (.ppt)
  • PDF
  • Video (.m4v or .mov, depending on the format)
  • HTML
  • Images (.jpeg, .png or .tiff)
  • Animated GIF

Instructions for exporting are in the Keynote for Mac section of Convert Keynote presentations to PDF, Microsoft PowerPoint and more.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 30, 2022 1:59 AM in response to plasticserpant

An option might be to export the presentation and share that with your PC-using contact. Convert Keynote presentations to PDF, Microsoft PowerPoint and more says that on a Mac you can export:

• Microsoft PowerPoint: Office Open XML (.pptx) and Office 97 or later (.ppt)
  • PDF
  • Video (.m4v or .mov, depending on the format)
  • HTML
  • Images (.jpeg, .png or .tiff)
  • Animated GIF

Instructions for exporting are in the Keynote for Mac section of Convert Keynote presentations to PDF, Microsoft PowerPoint and more.

Jun 30, 2022 4:35 AM in response to muguy

That's what I was asking. He has an iCloud account where he can access the file. Apple is now allowing free downloads of iWork for windows which contains a version of Keynote. I should have phrase my question better because I guess I'm really asking if that Windows version of Keynote will handle the file the same as the Mac version of Keynote.

Sharing a Keynote presentation with a windows pc

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.