Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

There is no True Tone option in my iPhone

I'm using I phone x 2013 model. There is no tru tone option in my phone . Instead there is automatic. Are those two same ?

Or doesn't old model support true tone

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Jun 30, 2022 3:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 30, 2022 3:38 AM

Only iPhones 8 or later models supports True Tone feature.

"True Tone... uses advanced sensors to adjust the color and intensity of your display to match the ambient light, so that images appear more natural.

If you turn off True Tone, the display keeps color and intensity constant, regardless of changes in the ambient light."

Extracted from:--> Adjust the brightness and color temperature on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Regards

Giulio

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 30, 2022 3:38 AM in response to Amanmgm

Only iPhones 8 or later models supports True Tone feature.

"True Tone... uses advanced sensors to adjust the color and intensity of your display to match the ambient light, so that images appear more natural.

If you turn off True Tone, the display keeps color and intensity constant, regardless of changes in the ambient light."

Extracted from:--> Adjust the brightness and color temperature on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Regards

Giulio

There is no True Tone option in my iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.