Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes “billing info” payment problem

I haven’t made many iTunes purchases recently. Last night, I tried to purchase a song. I signed in with my Apple ID and verified I wanted to make the purchase. But instead of simply charging my Apple account (which has money in it), I got a box telling me I needed to verify my billing info and select a payment method. But when I tried to do that, I could never select my Apple account. I don’t want to pay with a credit card. No matter what I tried, I just kept going through the same loop. How can I make my purchase and use money I already have in my account?

iPad (5th gen) Wi-Fi, Cellular

Posted on Jun 30, 2022 5:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 30, 2022 6:11 AM

You may need to have a payment method on file, even if the app you want to download is free.

Check which payment method you have on file 

I don’t want to pay with a credit card.

How can I make my purchase and use money I already have in my account?

See -> Add money to your Apple ID balance

Add money to your Apple ID balance – Apple Support (UK)

If you have add funds to your Apple ID balance, it would take about 1 to 3 business days.

See -> Check your Apple ID balance

Check your Apple ID balance – Apple Support (UK)

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 30, 2022 6:11 AM in response to Ultrawimp

You may need to have a payment method on file, even if the app you want to download is free.

Check which payment method you have on file 

I don’t want to pay with a credit card.

How can I make my purchase and use money I already have in my account?

See -> Add money to your Apple ID balance

Add money to your Apple ID balance – Apple Support (UK)

If you have add funds to your Apple ID balance, it would take about 1 to 3 business days.

See -> Check your Apple ID balance

Check your Apple ID balance – Apple Support (UK)

iTunes “billing info” payment problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.