Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sister passed. Unlocking iPhone to save memories

my sister iPhone is unavailable - she passed away on saturday - i am trying to get access to download all the photos she wanted to print before she passed . how do i go about this

iPhone 12

Posted on Jun 30, 2022 9:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 30, 2022 9:57 AM

First, I'm sorry for your loss. To gain access to a deceased members Apple ID information you can see this, How to request access to a deceased family member's Apple account - Apple Support Unfortunately, this will not include data that has not been backed up to her account. The only way to get past the passcode on the iPhone is to wipe the phone, which deletes all of the data on the device. If she was using iCloud photos, they would be in iCloud and you would be able to access them via the Apple ID and password you would be able to recover with the request from the link I provided above.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 30, 2022 9:57 AM in response to thaaker

First, I'm sorry for your loss. To gain access to a deceased members Apple ID information you can see this, How to request access to a deceased family member's Apple account - Apple Support Unfortunately, this will not include data that has not been backed up to her account. The only way to get past the passcode on the iPhone is to wipe the phone, which deletes all of the data on the device. If she was using iCloud photos, they would be in iCloud and you would be able to access them via the Apple ID and password you would be able to recover with the request from the link I provided above.

Sister passed. Unlocking iPhone to save memories

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.