Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I factory reset my new iPhone 12 with buttons because the screen is stuck in a retrieving configuration loop that fails every time it attempts to retrieve my back up data ?

My new I phone 12 is stuck in a failed “retrieving configuration” loop when I transferred data from my 11 to the new 12.

the only thing I can do with the 12 is reboot it then it tells me phone was updated when I press continue button it starts to retrieve configuration but fails that’s all I can do I can access menu or go back is there a way to use hard buttons to fully factory reset? My old 11 still has the back up and the cloud also has it.

iPhone 12, iOS 15

Posted on Jun 30, 2022 10:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 30, 2022 10:36 AM

You can't reset using buttons but you can restart.

1 reply

How do I factory reset my new iPhone 12 with buttons because the screen is stuck in a retrieving configuration loop that fails every time it attempts to retrieve my back up data ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.