Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch 3 Powers off when wearing with charged battery

When exercising or doing anything my watch will randomly shut down. If I press the button, not fail it will start to power up then shuts down again. When I put it on the charger the battery is at 80-40%. It will readily charge to 100% no issues. The watch is 8.6 iOS. My iPhone 13pro is 15.5. This just started this month. The watch is exactly 2 yrs old. I noticed a similar there in Feb22 when others had the same problems. Has anyone had similar issues or found a fix? I’ve rest and rebooted both the watch and phone without success.

Apple Watch

Posted on Jun 30, 2022 12:26 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 1, 2022 11:13 AM

Hi Black-Bart,

Thanks for sharing what steps you have tried. We recommend checking the battery health and see if Optimized Battery is enabled. If so, turn it off and test to see if the behavior continues.

Found in the article, Apple Watch Battery and Performance - Apple Support we put the last portion of this section below on how to perform the step we mentioned. This article also contains a wealth of information about your Apple Watch's battery.

About Optimized Battery Charging on your Apple Watch ...
Optimized Battery Charging is on by default when you set up your Apple Watch or after updating to watchOS 7 or later. To turn off the feature, open the Settings app on your watch, then tap Battery. Tap Battery Health, then turn off Optimized Battery Charging.

Knowing where to look for additional battery information will help with your Apple Watch.

Have a great day!

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 1, 2022 11:13 AM in response to Black-Bart

Hi Black-Bart,

Thanks for sharing what steps you have tried. We recommend checking the battery health and see if Optimized Battery is enabled. If so, turn it off and test to see if the behavior continues.

Found in the article, Apple Watch Battery and Performance - Apple Support we put the last portion of this section below on how to perform the step we mentioned. This article also contains a wealth of information about your Apple Watch's battery.

About Optimized Battery Charging on your Apple Watch ...
Optimized Battery Charging is on by default when you set up your Apple Watch or after updating to watchOS 7 or later. To turn off the feature, open the Settings app on your watch, then tap Battery. Tap Battery Health, then turn off Optimized Battery Charging.

Knowing where to look for additional battery information will help with your Apple Watch.

Have a great day!

Apple Watch 3 Powers off when wearing with charged battery

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.