Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My new iMac 24 says my account is locked and I do not know my iMac 24 password. What do I do?

My new iMac 24 says my account is locked and I do not know my iMac 24 password. What do I do?

iMac (24-inch, M1, 2021, 2 ports)

Posted on Jun 30, 2022 1:48 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 30, 2022 1:51 PM

Hi, leighgibbs, and Welcome to Apple Support Community!

I believe that you may be referring to your Apple ID password. See: If your Apple ID is locked or disabled - Apple Support.

If you are indeed referring to your Mac password, please see: If you forgot your Mac login password - Apple Support. If you have tried those steps and you cannot reset your password, see: If you can't reset your Mac login password - Apple Support.

Jack

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 30, 2022 1:51 PM in response to leighgibbs

Hi, leighgibbs, and Welcome to Apple Support Community!

I believe that you may be referring to your Apple ID password. See: If your Apple ID is locked or disabled - Apple Support.

If you are indeed referring to your Mac password, please see: If you forgot your Mac login password - Apple Support. If you have tried those steps and you cannot reset your password, see: If you can't reset your Mac login password - Apple Support.

Jack

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.