Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Weak security?

Every time I hook to my Internet it says weak security? With my iPhone

Posted on Jun 30, 2022 3:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 30, 2022 3:06 PM

Apple devices will display a weak security warning if your router security settings are not set to WPA2 AES or to WPA3. How you change router security settings depends on the router brand/mode. If you don't have instructions for your router, do an internet search for you router brand/model instructions or if your router was supplied by your internet provider, check their website. Also see: Recommended settings for Wi-Fi routers and access points - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 30, 2022 3:06 PM in response to Tconners1973

Apple devices will display a weak security warning if your router security settings are not set to WPA2 AES or to WPA3. How you change router security settings depends on the router brand/mode. If you don't have instructions for your router, do an internet search for you router brand/model instructions or if your router was supplied by your internet provider, check their website. Also see: Recommended settings for Wi-Fi routers and access points - Apple Support

Jun 30, 2022 3:13 PM in response to Tconners1973

Simple question. Complicated potential answers. Without knowing the details about your WiFi router, an educated guess would be that it is not providing up to date security levels.

If you could provide the make and model number of your WiFi router, we'll see if we can learn more about it using Internet search tools. We do not need a serial number, so please do not provide that info. Just the manufacturer name and model number.

Apple's very good guide for WiFi is linked below to get you started.

Recommended settings for Wi-Fi routers and access points - Apple Support

Weak security?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.