Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Payment

It won’t let me download any apps even free ones without updating my payment I update it and everything is right and it says it failed I’m getting frustrated even removed the card and it still won’t let me download anything

iPhone XR, iOS 15

Posted on Jun 30, 2022 3:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 1, 2022 6:13 AM

If you can't make purchases or update apps, including free apps, you need to update your payment method or add a new one

• Add first the new card, then remove the old one.

or -> Sign in to your Apple ID account page and edit / update your Apple ID details.

https://appleid.apple.com

On the Sidebar click Payment methods -> then tap Payments Methods and tap Manage payment method.

See also -> Payment methods you can use with your Apple ID

Payment methods you can use with your Apple ID – Apple Support (UK)

You can also use your Apple ID balance as payment method: Add money to your Apple ID balance

Add money to your Apple ID balance – Apple Support (UK)

What you can buy with your Apple Gift Card or Apple ID balance

What you can buy with your Apple Gift Card or Apple Account balance – Apple Support (UK)

How to redeem your Apple Gift Card or App Store & iTunes gift card

How to redeem your Apple Gift Card or App Store & iTunes Gift Card – Apple Support (UK)

If you update your payment method: It would take about 1 to 3 business days in order to process.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 1, 2022 6:13 AM in response to Kbuzzard7

If you can't make purchases or update apps, including free apps, you need to update your payment method or add a new one

• Add first the new card, then remove the old one.

or -> Sign in to your Apple ID account page and edit / update your Apple ID details.

https://appleid.apple.com

On the Sidebar click Payment methods -> then tap Payments Methods and tap Manage payment method.

See also -> Payment methods you can use with your Apple ID

Payment methods you can use with your Apple ID – Apple Support (UK)

You can also use your Apple ID balance as payment method: Add money to your Apple ID balance

Add money to your Apple ID balance – Apple Support (UK)

What you can buy with your Apple Gift Card or Apple ID balance

What you can buy with your Apple Gift Card or Apple Account balance – Apple Support (UK)

How to redeem your Apple Gift Card or App Store & iTunes gift card

How to redeem your Apple Gift Card or App Store & iTunes Gift Card – Apple Support (UK)

If you update your payment method: It would take about 1 to 3 business days in order to process.

Payment

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.