Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Adobe Creative Suite, legacy software

Is anyone successfully running Adobe Creative Suite 6 on MacOS Monterey? I need to update laptop, but fear I will no longer be able to run Photoshop, Acrobat Pro, etc. Thanks.

Posted on Jun 30, 2022 5:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 30, 2022 6:16 PM

Catalina was the version of MacOS that no longer supported 32-bit applications such as Adobe Creative Suite. From Catalina and forward thru Monterey only 64-bit apps are supported.

I hung on to my 2013 MacBook Pro and High Sierra as long as I could because I also preferred Adobe Illustrator CS 6. I finally had to move forward when just a few months ago I had to work with a bunch of InDesign Creative Cloud files, and it wasn't possible or practical to save them back down and work on them in my preferred CS version of InDesign.

In fact when WFH happened at the beginning of 2020 my work sent me a then-new 2019 MacBook Pro 16 but it had Catalina and I couldn't use my preferred CS6 applications, so I put it under then bed for the next two years til I finally had to give up CS6. It's been OK so far.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 30, 2022 6:16 PM in response to artsnob56

Catalina was the version of MacOS that no longer supported 32-bit applications such as Adobe Creative Suite. From Catalina and forward thru Monterey only 64-bit apps are supported.

I hung on to my 2013 MacBook Pro and High Sierra as long as I could because I also preferred Adobe Illustrator CS 6. I finally had to move forward when just a few months ago I had to work with a bunch of InDesign Creative Cloud files, and it wasn't possible or practical to save them back down and work on them in my preferred CS version of InDesign.

In fact when WFH happened at the beginning of 2020 my work sent me a then-new 2019 MacBook Pro 16 but it had Catalina and I couldn't use my preferred CS6 applications, so I put it under then bed for the next two years til I finally had to give up CS6. It's been OK so far.

Adobe Creative Suite, legacy software

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.