Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Group messaging

I have a SE 2020 and all of a sudden I am not getting the messages from one person that has always been in this group. It is a group of 4 including myself. I did check in settings/messages and group messaging is toggles ON. Is there anything else I can try?

iPhone SE (Gen 3)

Posted on Jun 30, 2022 7:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 1, 2022 2:44 PM

They may not be participating.

Types of group text messages

There are three types of group messages that you might see: group iMessage, group MMS, and group SMS. The Messages app automatically chooses the type of group message to send based on settings, network connection, and carrier plan. For example:

• If you and your recipients are using Apple devices and iMessage is turned on, then the group message is sent as an iMessage.
  • If you send a group message to people who aren't using iMessage, then the message is sent as an MMS or SMS message.

All responses in a group SMS are sent as individual text messages and the recipients can’t see the other responses from the group.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 1, 2022 2:44 PM in response to Debra8688

They may not be participating.

Types of group text messages

There are three types of group messages that you might see: group iMessage, group MMS, and group SMS. The Messages app automatically chooses the type of group message to send based on settings, network connection, and carrier plan. For example:

• If you and your recipients are using Apple devices and iMessage is turned on, then the group message is sent as an iMessage.
  • If you send a group message to people who aren't using iMessage, then the message is sent as an MMS or SMS message.

All responses in a group SMS are sent as individual text messages and the recipients can’t see the other responses from the group.

Group messaging

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.