Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Spinning rainbow wheel of death when trying to move edited photos

I'm running Photos in MacOS 12.4 on a 16" MacBook Pro (M1 Pro, 2021) and have run into a very frustrating problem. I just imported several hundred photos from my iPhone and organized them in an album. Then I started editing the photos (cropping, enhancing) and moved the best ones into a Shared iCloud album.

Every time I attempt to move an edited photo into the Shared album, the spinning rainbow wheel of death appears and the application becomes unresponsive -- the only way to move forward is by force quitting. It actually occurs as soon as I select any photo that has been edited - photos that have not been altered can be copied and moved without incident.

I've rebuilt/repaired the photo library - didn't make any difference.

Does anyone have any idea why trying to move an edited photo would make the application freeze? Any ideas how to fix it?

Thanks.

Posted on Jun 30, 2022 8:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 30, 2022 11:33 PM

Hi - Try restarting your mac in safe mode and then trying.

Then restart normally, and try again.

Safe mode will clear temporary files and caches, and sometimes fixes odd glitches such as this.

Start up your Mac in safe mode – Apple Support (UK)

Similar questions

2 replies

Spinning rainbow wheel of death when trying to move edited photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.