Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I update my iPhone 6 to the latest software

How to update to the latest iOS so I can download the apps I need on my phone my current phone is 12.5 iOS and my banking ap requires at least 13.0 iOS

Posted on Jun 30, 2022 8:31 PM

3 replies

Jun 30, 2022 9:28 PM in response to rjcompte70

rjcompte70 Said:

"How can I update my iPhone 6 to the latest software: How to update to the latest iOS so I can download the apps I need on my phone my current phone is 12.5 iOS and my banking ap requires at least 13.0 iOS"

-------

Updating an iPhone:

You Can't: Your device (iPhone 6) can't go past iOS12. And even if you could, it would install the lastest update: iOS15.5. iOS 13 would not be an option.

For Reference...

Updating an iPhone:

What to Update:

Update Installed Apps along with the iOS.

Determining if an iOS Update will Install:

How to do so...

I. Verify Compatibility:

Identify your iPhone model. The first thing that comes to mind in incompatibility being the culprit. So, confirm the model of your iPhone. If iPhone model is incompatible with iOS15 then it is because you iPhone does not meet the hardware requirements for this iOS version(s).

II. If Compatible...

1. Back Up First:

IMPORTANT: If you have an option to update, however, then be certain you backup your iPhone first. That way, you will have something to restore your iPhone from should anything go wrong with the update

then...

2. Proceed with the Update:

Use my User Tip:  Update your iPhone Using a Computer - User Tip

How can I update my iPhone 6 to the latest software

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.