Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I use US AppleCare in India for a MacBook Pro?

Hey! I bought a second hand MacBook pro 2019 and it came with a apple care+ for 3 years but i bought it in india and the previous owner lived in usa, So my question is that can i use that apple care in india?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Jun 30, 2022 11:36 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 30, 2022 11:41 PM

TejasBishnoi Said:

"Apple Care...: Hey! I bought a second hand MacBook pro 2019 and it came with a apple care+ for 3 years but i bought it in india and the previous owner lived in usa, So my question is that can i use that apple care in india?"

-------

Purchase it yourself when you Get it:

AppleCare is only available in the country in which it was purchased. So, consider purchasing it yourself, if an option in your area. Elsewise, it is a waste of money on your friend's part :). Aside from that --it expires are 3 years, but might be extendable.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 30, 2022 11:41 PM in response to TejasBishnoi

TejasBishnoi Said:

"Apple Care...: Hey! I bought a second hand MacBook pro 2019 and it came with a apple care+ for 3 years but i bought it in india and the previous owner lived in usa, So my question is that can i use that apple care in india?"

-------

Purchase it yourself when you Get it:

AppleCare is only available in the country in which it was purchased. So, consider purchasing it yourself, if an option in your area. Elsewise, it is a waste of money on your friend's part :). Aside from that --it expires are 3 years, but might be extendable.

Jul 2, 2022 11:09 AM in response to TejasBishnoi

Actually, Applecare for computers is generally worldwide - just like the warranty. The terms include that Apple "may" restrict some coverage, but to be sure, check your serial number online to see if coverage is in effect and/or check with Apple or an authorized service center for the exact conditions. Also depends on when it was purchased; you can check the terms here by choosing the purchase date:

Legal - AppleCare+ - Apple

Jul 2, 2022 10:21 AM in response to TejasBishnoi

TejasBishnoi Said:

"Apple Care...: […]can I send it back to usa and get it replaced

———-

No. That is not an option. And I would stingless recommend that you don’t send it to someone, who can ship it for you. It may seem trustworthy, but there are plenty reports on these forums of others performing this, and the never getting the item back.

Can I use US AppleCare in India for a MacBook Pro?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.