Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I received a warning on my Home Screen about a data breach and ways apple can secure this. redirects to website of alleged data breach no additional tips

Is this legitimate, is there a way to view a log of these or is this malicious in nature?

MacBook Pro

Posted on Jun 30, 2022 11:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 1, 2022 12:47 AM

This is a scam. Apple will never throw a popup window on your desktop about data breaches, then tell you to go to a certain website, of all things.

However, the fact that it appeared on your desktop (and not on a website while browsing the Internet or anything) points to some scareware/adware on your computer, which was likely unintentionally downloaded with another software or file. Would you be able to post a screenshot of the warnings?

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 1, 2022 12:47 AM in response to databreachh

This is a scam. Apple will never throw a popup window on your desktop about data breaches, then tell you to go to a certain website, of all things.

However, the fact that it appeared on your desktop (and not on a website while browsing the Internet or anything) points to some scareware/adware on your computer, which was likely unintentionally downloaded with another software or file. Would you be able to post a screenshot of the warnings?

I received a warning on my Home Screen about a data breach and ways apple can secure this. redirects to website of alleged data breach no additional tips

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.