Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

2011-2012 MacBook Pro issues after new battery install

The green light on the charging cord no longer displays. It's continuing as orange. Can it over-charge? Also the infrared receiver light no longer appears. Nothing but problems for a week!

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Jul 1, 2022 7:43 AM

8 replies

Jul 1, 2022 9:53 AM in response to GrammaK

GrammaK wrote:
Also, there is a light on the front next to the sleep light. They tell me it has never lit up, but I swear it's usually blue!! Am I crazy - just seeing things? I've had the thing since 2012. Thanks!

It's the infrared sensor "lens", and it has no light. It's smoke colored and is similar to what TV remotes use (although those are usually hard to find).

However, the IR sensor connector is on the drive mounting bracket and normally connected to the SATA ribbon connector and it's easy to damage it or possibly just disconnect by mistake.

Jul 1, 2022 8:53 AM in response to lobsterghost1

Interstate Battery. And the first one didn't work correctly. After using my computer, I took it to the charging cord, as I always do. I had a phone call requiring access to the computer and it would not boot up. I let it sit for a time and was able to access. I thought it felt excessively hot when looking at the open screen, it was the upper left area.

2011-2012 MacBook Pro issues after new battery install

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.