Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do i get the full keyboard to show at the bottom of the ipad

Posted on Jul 1, 2022 9:23 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 1, 2022 9:25 AM

To easily return the new Floating Keyboard to the normal on-screen keyboard presentation, use the two-finger “zoom” gesture (i.e., the reverse of the two-finger “pinch”).

If the Split Keyboard is restored instead of the full on-screen keyboard, you can either use two fingers (one on each of the two half-keyboards) and swipe the two halves together - or touch-and-hold the “keyboard” key, then slide your finger to the Merge & Dock option and release.

Use the floating keyboard on your iPad – Apple Support

Split and move the keyboard on your iPad – Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 1, 2022 9:25 AM in response to maryfrances288

To easily return the new Floating Keyboard to the normal on-screen keyboard presentation, use the two-finger “zoom” gesture (i.e., the reverse of the two-finger “pinch”).

If the Split Keyboard is restored instead of the full on-screen keyboard, you can either use two fingers (one on each of the two half-keyboards) and swipe the two halves together - or touch-and-hold the “keyboard” key, then slide your finger to the Merge & Dock option and release.

Use the floating keyboard on your iPad – Apple Support

Split and move the keyboard on your iPad – Apple Support

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.