Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I finance apple macbook air/pro m2 without apple card?

Hi everyone, I am planning to finance if possible macbook air m2 or macbook m1 pro. I don't have apple card but I was curious If its possible to get macbook using other banking cards or somehow like iphone gets financed by carrier companies like AT&T, T-Mobile etc. If walmart or some other service also does financing then please let me know I need it urgently for studies.

Thank you

MacBook Air Apple Silicon

Posted on Jul 1, 2022 12:04 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 1, 2022 12:44 PM

I'm a fresh college student I don't know about banking to be honest sorry. By means financing here I just want to get MacBook on per monthly payment schedules without using apple card. I can bear interest rates but I can't afford 1 time heavy payment of 1200$ being a student so even some bank can offer or by any other way its possible I'm good with it.

12 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 1, 2022 12:44 PM in response to ku4hx

I'm a fresh college student I don't know about banking to be honest sorry. By means financing here I just want to get MacBook on per monthly payment schedules without using apple card. I can bear interest rates but I can't afford 1 time heavy payment of 1200$ being a student so even some bank can offer or by any other way its possible I'm good with it.

Jul 1, 2022 12:16 PM in response to sheepkiller_07

You would need to contact your bank or credit card issuer and inquire about any financing options they may have with their cards. Apple would not be involved there.

Walmart does offer financing on purchases from them directly. Apple is not involved in that finance option either. See here for details on that: link-> https://www.walmart.com/cp/3302057

Jul 1, 2022 12:38 PM in response to sheepkiller_07

Buying with a credit card IS a type of pre-approved financing and you asked about not using an Apple Card.

We didn't use an Apple Card.

You can do financing without any card; you sign a contract basically and set up a payment schedule

An approved Apple Card, or any card for that matter, gives you a prearranged line of credit ... that's a form of financing. But not the only form.

What exactly do you want to do and with whom?

Jul 1, 2022 1:42 PM in response to sheepkiller_07

As mentioned, it's a matter between you and a bank, credit card, or financing company. Nothing to do with Apple - you buy the device using the card the financial institution gave you and owe money to them - not Apple (they are paid immediately by the financial institution and you than deal with that institution to pay off the loan). Make sure you read the fine print so you'll know the interest rate and terms of the loan.

Jul 2, 2022 12:25 PM in response to sheepkiller_07

sheepkiller_07 wrote:

As said, contact your card issuer or bank and inquire about financing options, interest rates etc... with their card on purchases you make.

Jul 2, 2022 12:55 PM in response to sheepkiller_07

Regardless of what financing you choose, you're going to have to apply for it. If you have no credit record, that will be a problem as lenders are often hesitant to give credit to an unknown risk individual. Too, I'm guessing you have little to no collateral to put up as security on the loan. Collateral being that property of yours you agree to let the bank sell off to regain at least a part of their loan if you default.

For this reason, many students have to have a co-signer who guarantees the loan will be paid off if the loanee defaults.

A credit card is the usual method for no credit record borrowers. High interest rates but that covers riskier "loans" and a CC is a type of pre-approved loan with a max amount.

You're going to need to visit banks, credit unions and the Apple store. Any given Apple store may have varying credit plans.

Generally a student's parents act as cosigners and/or credit references.

Can I finance apple macbook air/pro m2 without apple card?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.