Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Text message saying my Apple Pay has been suspended.

I had a text message saying my sole pay has been suspended and sadly I clicked on the link the page went red and said the site was insecure so clicked return to safety.

i straight away realised it was a scam and froze my Apple Pay and bank trans actions

I didn’t release any confidential data so am I at risk? 😩

iPhone 11, iOS 15

Posted on Jul 2, 2022 1:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 2, 2022 1:15 AM

Sounds like you dodged the bullet.

Simply clicking on a link will generally not pose a significant risk.

These scams are common; some targeted “spear phishing” attempts are quite sophisticated.

Consider this a learning experience.

Any unsolicited message should be regarded with skepticism.

Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 2, 2022 1:15 AM in response to Jakal01

Sounds like you dodged the bullet.

Simply clicking on a link will generally not pose a significant risk.

These scams are common; some targeted “spear phishing” attempts are quite sophisticated.

Consider this a learning experience.

Any unsolicited message should be regarded with skepticism.

Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

Jul 2, 2022 1:25 AM in response to Jakal01

I honestly don’t see a compelling need to do so.

However, this IS a good opportunity to review all account attributes at https://appleid.apple.com/

Pay particular attention to your Trusted Devices and your Trusted Numbers.

You will NEED your trusted numbers to receive your 2FA verification codes to regain access to your account in the event that you loose access to your Trusted Devices.

Text message saying my Apple Pay has been suspended.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.