Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Creating a form in Numbers on my MacBook Pro

I would like to know why I can not create a form in numbers on my MacBook Pro like I can on my phone or my iPad? also I would like to know why I can not edit the form to appear the way I want it to appear

MacBook Pro

Posted on Jul 2, 2022 3:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 2, 2022 4:08 AM

Forms are very useful for data entry on small displays on the iPhone and iPad. As you noted, they are very simple, not customizable.

Forms aren't really needed for data entry on bigger screens, and are not a feature of Numbers for Mac.

If you need structured ways to enter data then perhaps you might need a database app rather than a spreadsheet app.

Otherwise take advantage of the bigger screen to enter data wherever your document design indicates. I tend to try to keep things simple. The built-in templates at File > New in your menu are great examples of how to structure documents in Numbers.

SG

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 2, 2022 4:08 AM in response to Dinonco

Forms are very useful for data entry on small displays on the iPhone and iPad. As you noted, they are very simple, not customizable.

Forms aren't really needed for data entry on bigger screens, and are not a feature of Numbers for Mac.

If you need structured ways to enter data then perhaps you might need a database app rather than a spreadsheet app.

Otherwise take advantage of the bigger screen to enter data wherever your document design indicates. I tend to try to keep things simple. The built-in templates at File > New in your menu are great examples of how to structure documents in Numbers.

SG

Creating a form in Numbers on my MacBook Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.