Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

two sets of AirPods Max?how to have Apple TV connect

Want to connect to LG TV audio AND my Apple TVHD

Can I set this up? How?

Apple TV HD, tvOS 15

Posted on Jul 2, 2022 3:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 2, 2022 4:54 PM

It requires the Apple TV 4K model to have two sets of Apple/Beats headphones connected. Dual headphones is not supported for the HD model.

Share audio from Apple TV 4K with a second pair of headphones - Apple Support

Share audio with AirPods or Beats headphones - Apple Support

Using headphone audio from Apple TV would disable other audio output (e.g. TV speakers or receiver).

Alternatively, you may choose to connect a dual link bluetooth transmitter [1] to your TV. Works independent of the model Apple TV. Typically this would also disable other audio output, although it depends on the TV capabilities.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 2, 2022 4:54 PM in response to peaceful2

It requires the Apple TV 4K model to have two sets of Apple/Beats headphones connected. Dual headphones is not supported for the HD model.

Share audio from Apple TV 4K with a second pair of headphones - Apple Support

Share audio with AirPods or Beats headphones - Apple Support

Using headphone audio from Apple TV would disable other audio output (e.g. TV speakers or receiver).

Alternatively, you may choose to connect a dual link bluetooth transmitter [1] to your TV. Works independent of the model Apple TV. Typically this would also disable other audio output, although it depends on the TV capabilities.

Jul 2, 2022 5:10 PM in response to Urquhart1244

That is great....I had to reformulate my question about six times to get it accepted. I DO HAVE 2AIRPOD MAX ! 🥇

Thanks so much ! My question got rejected! I gave my wonderful husband a set as well. This will be about the sixth Pair of Headphones I have given him over the years, that he won't use..... He says he can't watch his sports on Apple TV, cuz there is a lag delay in synching sound w the broadcast!

Do you think this will work? House is vaulted ceilings..all 1250 square feet first floor and open plan...So Acoustically challenging!

two sets of AirPods Max?how to have Apple TV connect

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.