Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ipad restore

My iPad decided to randomly die. Apple store folks said “sorry. not fixable. you’re SOL!”. So my husband gave me his, because he does not use it anymore. I was able to restore my iPad data to his iPad, but only halfway because I did not realize that he had quite a bit less storage than I did. So it’s been in a perpetual state of restoring, unable to finish because not enough storage. I finally just stopped the restore. That won’t make me lose anything permanently, right? Everything is already in the cloud from when my ipad was functioning. I just want to ensure I’ll be able to restore my iPad once I get a new one. I hope this makes sense!

Posted on Jul 2, 2022 2:46 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 2, 2022 4:07 PM

I'd recommend NOT backing-up the replacement iPad (with smaller storage) as it might overwrite your current back-up until you get your replacement. In some cases, it will provide you with multiple back-ups by date, but sometimes it will overwrite - YMMV.

1 reply

ipad restore

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.