Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Security issues on iPhone

there are some strange things going on with my phone and all my accounts at the moment, photos and files are being deleted, my social media accounts have been disabled due to inappropriate content being posted by someone other than me and now it’s really affecting my business financially. Does anyone know if there is a way to take over my phone remotely and use it to access my accounts and do all these things?

My phone is the only thing I use, I don’t use a pc/Mac/chrome book, I had 2 factor authentication set up on all my accounts which was supposed to send me a text message to get the confirmation code when any of my accounts were accessed from anywhere but my phone. However, these we all disabled without my knowledge and I don’t know how long it had been like this? I have very little technical knowledge of these matters and I don’t know where else to turn. Can someone please help me?

Although I can’t prove it, I believe my wife may have something to do with it. I recently asked her for a divorce and very shortly after things started to happen. To make matters worse she is trying to say I’m imagining all these things happening and is accusing me of going crazy, she is trying to use this and other things against me as a way of preventing me from being able to have joint custody of our children calling me mental and unfit to see them, but I’m not crazy and these things really are happening. I believe she also doing this as a way to damage my business as I said I did not want her anywhere near it or me going forward because of the conflict and drama she causes hampering the business and causing me to lose lots of good staff members, that didn’t go down too well as you can imagine! I just don’t know what I can do to stop it or find out what is going on. The other day I turned on the old computer we used to use and found a whole host of things running on there, when I called to ask her about it, all the things started shutting down and disappearing.

I managed to grab her phone the other day and found some stuff I have no idea what it’s about, but a friend of mine says it’s something to do with encryption keys. I’ll attach screenshots. I found GitHub was in the address bar and several strange documents in her files folder.

You guys are my last hope, can someone please just have a look and tell me which direction I should look in? I’ve worked had to build a business and provide for my family, I love my children and despite being treated abysmally by my wife, including during my breakdown, I’ve always done my best for them.

thank you in advance.

[Edited by Moderator] 

Posted on Jul 2, 2022 8:42 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 2, 2022 9:22 PM

Keep the iPhone updated to the latest iOS always and never Jailbreak. That's it.

iOS / iPadOS devices cannot be hacked or infected with Virus / Malware / Spyware if it is updated to the latest iOS/iPadOS unless you have intentionally downloaded spurious software or unauthorized apps directly from the internet and installed them on your device or/and have Jailbroken

It (Hacking) also depends on how careful are you in sharing sensitive and valuable information pertaining to your iPhone such as Passcode, Password, etc with your friends and family members.

Be careful when sharing the device's sensitive and valuable information with friends and family members.

Thumb Rules:

1. Enable  Guided Access before handing over an iPhone to kids
  2. Don't share Apple IDs
  3. Don't Jailbreak
  4. Don't share sensitive information pertaining to your device and payment methods
  5. Beware of Phishing

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 2, 2022 9:22 PM in response to Desperatelyneedhelp11

Keep the iPhone updated to the latest iOS always and never Jailbreak. That's it.

iOS / iPadOS devices cannot be hacked or infected with Virus / Malware / Spyware if it is updated to the latest iOS/iPadOS unless you have intentionally downloaded spurious software or unauthorized apps directly from the internet and installed them on your device or/and have Jailbroken

It (Hacking) also depends on how careful are you in sharing sensitive and valuable information pertaining to your iPhone such as Passcode, Password, etc with your friends and family members.

Be careful when sharing the device's sensitive and valuable information with friends and family members.

Thumb Rules:

1. Enable  Guided Access before handing over an iPhone to kids
  2. Don't share Apple IDs
  3. Don't Jailbreak
  4. Don't share sensitive information pertaining to your device and payment methods
  5. Beware of Phishing

Security issues on iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.