Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Home app not recognizing non-Apple devices

My Home app stopped recognizing all non-Apple devices. Siri can’t control those devices because of this. What went wrong?

Apple Watch Series 3, watchOS 8

Posted on Jul 2, 2022 11:30 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 4, 2022 8:59 AM

That’s great to hear, kenebob! We’re glad your accessories and Siri are not working together again.

Also, we’d love to say “yeah, that’s it!” regarding your iPad being on a different Wi-Fi network, but we have no information to back that up with. However, we would expect that behavior if you were trying to use your iPad to control your accessories.

If the issue returns, please reach out again and we’ll take a closer look.

All the best.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 4, 2022 8:59 AM in response to kenebob

That’s great to hear, kenebob! We’re glad your accessories and Siri are not working together again.

Also, we’d love to say “yeah, that’s it!” regarding your iPad being on a different Wi-Fi network, but we have no information to back that up with. However, we would expect that behavior if you were trying to use your iPad to control your accessories.

If the issue returns, please reach out again and we’ll take a closer look.

All the best.

Jul 3, 2022 5:38 PM in response to kenebob

Hi there kenebob,

We agree, that is unexpected to occur with your Home app devices, and we'd like to help.

You mentioned that Siri also has an issue with controlling those devices, but what occurs when you try?

Have you been able to remove/add one of your devices to the Home app? This link shows how to Add a HomeKit accessory to the Home app.

Any recent changes to the device you use as the home hub? For reference, this link shows how to Set up your HomePod, HomePod mini, Apple TV, or iPad as a home hub.

Cheers!

Jul 4, 2022 8:46 AM in response to bruno75

I got up this morning to see that the Home app is suddenly recognizing all my non-Apple devices again. Siri works from my watch too now. I didn’t change anything on my iPhone or watch. My iPad was on the wrong WI-FI address, which effected how Google maps ran on it, but I wasn’t using the iPad to run the Home App. I think I set up that iPad as the hub initially. Maybe ALL controlling devices have to be on the same WI-FI address or nothing works?

Home app not recognizing non-Apple devices

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.