Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Email addresses

I have recently discovered that I have 2 gmail addresses, my main one and another one that I don't use and can’t remember setting up. Can I safely delete the unused one without completely deleting my gmail account ?

iPad, iPadOS 15

Posted on Jul 3, 2022 6:08 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 3, 2022 4:03 PM

Presumably you refer to Gmail accounts that have been added to your iPad to send and receive email - these differing from the email address used to identify your AppleID account.

If you have configured multiple email accounts, deletion of an account from your device will only remove the email account from device itself; the account will continue to exist until such time as the account is closed/terminated with the email provider. Similarly, deletion of the account from the device will have no impact upon any other email accounts that are configured on the device.

Settings > Mail > Accounts > [Your email account] > Delete Account

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 3, 2022 4:03 PM in response to rhona51

Presumably you refer to Gmail accounts that have been added to your iPad to send and receive email - these differing from the email address used to identify your AppleID account.

If you have configured multiple email accounts, deletion of an account from your device will only remove the email account from device itself; the account will continue to exist until such time as the account is closed/terminated with the email provider. Similarly, deletion of the account from the device will have no impact upon any other email accounts that are configured on the device.

Settings > Mail > Accounts > [Your email account] > Delete Account

Email addresses

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.