Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problems syncing iMessage between iPad and iPhone

I have a 5th generation iPad and a 7-plus iPhone that, up until a few days ago, we’re synced up in iMessage and everything was working properly. Suddenly, that is no longer the case. I’ve looked in here for a solution, but there’s nothing specific to my models. Both are up to date with the latest available software updates. It’s not enough of an annoyance to quit Apple and go to the dark side, but it is aggravating!

iPhone 7 Plus, 15

Posted on Jul 3, 2022 6:16 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 3, 2022 12:49 PM

4757curt wrote:

Suddenly, that is no longer the case. I’ve looked in here for a solution, but there’s nothing specific to my models. Both are up to date with the latest available software updates.
  1. Use the same Apple ID on both devices.
  2. Follow the process here --> How to forward SMS/MMS text messages from your iPhone to ...

Learn how to make messages that you send and receive on your iPhone appear on your Mac, iPad, and iPod touch.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 3, 2022 12:49 PM in response to 4757curt

4757curt wrote:

Suddenly, that is no longer the case. I’ve looked in here for a solution, but there’s nothing specific to my models. Both are up to date with the latest available software updates.
  1. Use the same Apple ID on both devices.
  2. Follow the process here --> How to forward SMS/MMS text messages from your iPhone to ...

Learn how to make messages that you send and receive on your iPhone appear on your Mac, iPad, and iPod touch.

Problems syncing iMessage between iPad and iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.