Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My ipad air 10.9 inch doesnt start, I frequently see the restore link.

The restore link asks me me to quick press the volume controls and then hold the top button to restart. But pressing and holding the top button only bring pain to my fingers the device doesn't see to be restarting.

Posted on Jul 3, 2022 7:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 4, 2022 8:12 AM

Your iPad must be restored:

If you see the Restore screen on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

These support pages outline the available methods to restore an iPad - either from a backup, or to Factory Settings:

Restore your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch from a backup – Apple Support

Restore your iPhone, iPad or iPod to factory settings – Apple Support

Restore all content to iPad from a backup - Apple Support

You’ll need access to either a PC (with iTunes installed) or a Mac (with iTunes or Finder - as appropriate for the installed version of MacOS).

Download and use iTunes for Windows – Apple Support

Update to the latest version of iTunes – Apple Support

Use of a PC or Mac computer is unavoidable. If you don’t have access to a suitable computer of your own, that of a helpful friend or family member will suffice. Alternatively, the technicians at the Genius Bar of your local Apple Store or Apple Authorised Service Provider (AASP) will be delighted to assist.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 4, 2022 8:12 AM in response to senthil134

Your iPad must be restored:

If you see the Restore screen on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

These support pages outline the available methods to restore an iPad - either from a backup, or to Factory Settings:

Restore your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch from a backup – Apple Support

Restore your iPhone, iPad or iPod to factory settings – Apple Support

Restore all content to iPad from a backup - Apple Support

You’ll need access to either a PC (with iTunes installed) or a Mac (with iTunes or Finder - as appropriate for the installed version of MacOS).

Download and use iTunes for Windows – Apple Support

Update to the latest version of iTunes – Apple Support

Use of a PC or Mac computer is unavoidable. If you don’t have access to a suitable computer of your own, that of a helpful friend or family member will suffice. Alternatively, the technicians at the Genius Bar of your local Apple Store or Apple Authorised Service Provider (AASP) will be delighted to assist.

My ipad air 10.9 inch doesnt start, I frequently see the restore link.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.