Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Just connected usb-c to 3.5 MM headphone jack adapter to my iPad Pro 11. Still sound coming from the iPad and NONE IN the earphones, what is wrong??

Just connected usb-c to 3.5 MM headphone jack adapter to my iPad Pro 11 and headphones!! Still sound coming from the iPad and NONE IN the earphones, what is wrong??

Posted on Jul 3, 2022 12:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply
5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 3, 2022 2:15 PM in response to Headphoneadapter

there are three main wiring standards for 3.5mm TTRS connections - and they are not interchangeable:

CTIA (Apple)

OMTP (Nokia)

Camcorder AV

Assuming that your headphones are wired to the CTIA/Apple TRRS standard (noting that TRS connectors without a microphone connection incorporate a longer Ground sleeve in place of the fourth ring connection)…

1) Disconnect your USB-C to 3.5mm headphone adapter from your iPad.

2) Force-restart the iPad:

• On an iPad with a Home button: Press and hold the top button and the Home button at the same time. When the Apple logo appears, release both buttons.
  • On other iPad models: Press and quickly release the volume up button, press and quickly release the volume down button, then press and hold the top button. When the Apple logo appears, release the button.

3) Connect your headphones to the USB-C Headphone adapter.

40 As the final connection, connect the USB-C to Headphone Adapter to your iPad.

Jul 3, 2022 1:58 PM in response to Headphoneadapter

Assuming the Apple USB-C to 3.5mm stereo adapter…

Do your headphones have an integrated mike? If so, you should see four plastic-separated metal rings on the 3.5mm connector. This is sometimes called a TRRS connection. A TRRS-connected device should work.

I don’t know off-hand if a stereo connection (TRS, no mike) works, and don’t have one to try.

If you just acquired this, contact Apple Support. Use the Get Support link in the upper right of this webpage.

Review: https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/apple-usb-c-to-3-5-mm-headphone-jack-adapter.23420/reviews

Just connected usb-c to 3.5 MM headphone jack adapter to my iPad Pro 11. Still sound coming from the iPad and NONE IN the earphones, what is wrong??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.