Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New iPhone restore backup old iPhone and all new notes are gone

Hi, I am using iPhone 13 pro now and old phone is iPhone8. Both share the same Apple ID account. I have erased most data in iPhone8 but did not restore to factory setting as I want to give to my mom soon so I wanted to skip all the new phone setting and installation steps.

Yesterday I clicked ‘backup now’ from iPhone 8 and today I realised all my notes and documents in my iPhone 13 pro are overwritten and gone. I know it is my own mistake but just wish to know if there is anyway I can retrieve back the notes in my new phone? Is it plausible even with Apple technical support? Thanks

Posted on Jul 3, 2022 7:46 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 3, 2022 7:50 PM

Wasabian Sais:

"New iPhone restore backup old iPhone and all new notes are gone"

-------

Troubleshooting Deleted Notes:

A. Where to Go:

B. Restore from a Backup:

Have any backups of your iPhone that contains these notes? If so, restore your iPhone from a backup, and you could recover them.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 3, 2022 7:50 PM in response to Wasabian

Wasabian Sais:

"New iPhone restore backup old iPhone and all new notes are gone"

-------

Troubleshooting Deleted Notes:

A. Where to Go:

B. Restore from a Backup:

Have any backups of your iPhone that contains these notes? If so, restore your iPhone from a backup, and you could recover them.

Jul 3, 2022 9:03 PM in response to Wasabian

Wasabian Said:

"I checked all my devices sharing the same Apple ID. No notes shown in the iCloud storage."

-------

Recovery Not Being an Option:

Data Loss is something you would have agreed to upon open an Apple Account. So, if they're gone they're gone. That's just the way it is :(

Steps to Giving this to your Mom:

As for giving this away to your mom, perform as instructed here, including the backup: What to do Before you Sell, Give Away, or Trade In your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

New iPhone restore backup old iPhone and all new notes are gone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.