Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Macbook Pro 2016 touch bar screen is flickering or glitching

I have updated my MacBook pro os Catalina to Monterey, after updating my screen starts flicking or glitching see the attachment. This is very weird, I cannot work but when I lock the screen for a few seconds it resolves, and then it starts the same after a few minutes. Please, suggest to me the best possible solution as soon as possible as I am having a very difficult time.

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 12.4

Posted on Jul 3, 2022 10:58 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 4, 2022 7:11 AM

wkarim86 wrote:

I have updated my MacBook pro os Catalina to Monterey, after updating my screen starts flicking or glitching see the attachment. This is very weird, I cannot work but when I lock the screen for a few seconds it resolves, and then it starts the same after a few minutes. Please, suggest to me the best possible solution as soon as possible as I am having a very difficult time.

https://discussions.apple.com/content/attachment/4e723eab-e5b4-4869-80aa-5aa78e9f23e0

On your Intel Mac—

Try resetting the SMC How to reset the SMC of your Mac - Apple Support see the details.

Try resetting NVRAM/PRAM Reset NVRAM or PRAM on your Mac - Apple Support

(get at least two-three rounds of the chimes when holding the NRAM Reset)

If no resolve try a SafeBoot How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support

Login and test. Reboot as normal and test.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 4, 2022 7:11 AM in response to wkarim86

wkarim86 wrote:

https://discussions.apple.com/content/attachment/4e723eab-e5b4-4869-80aa-5aa78e9f23e0

On your Intel Mac—

Try resetting the SMC How to reset the SMC of your Mac - Apple Support see the details.

Try resetting NVRAM/PRAM Reset NVRAM or PRAM on your Mac - Apple Support

(get at least two-three rounds of the chimes when holding the NRAM Reset)

If no resolve try a SafeBoot How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support

Login and test. Reboot as normal and test.

Jul 7, 2022 9:07 PM in response to wkarim86

wkarim86 wrote:

I have done all the above steps nothing works. Resetting NVRAM worked for a few days but after it is happening again. Is it something with Memory consumption?

I would suspect a hardware issue—

In or out of warranty you can get a free over the counter 'Apple Service Diagnostics' test /assessment

Make an appointment for a "hardware issue"

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

Outside the USA

https://locate.apple.com/country

My Macbook Pro 2016 touch bar screen is flickering or glitching

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.