Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to remove iCloud Recovery Key?

How to remove Recovery Key?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Jul 4, 2022 10:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 4, 2022 10:50 AM

What if I lose my Recovery Key?

You can sign in to your Apple ID account page and create a new Recovery Key using your Apple ID password and one of your trusted devices.

1. Go to appleid.apple.com.
  2. Sign in with your password and trusted device.
  3. In the Sign-In and Security section, click Recovery Key > Change Recovery Key.

Keep your new Recovery Key in a safe place. Your old Recovery Key won't work anymore and you can't use it to reset your password or access your account. If you don't see Recovery Key in the Sign-In and Security section, then you are not using two-step verification. 

Two-step verification for Apple ID - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 4, 2022 10:50 AM in response to esther119

What if I lose my Recovery Key?

You can sign in to your Apple ID account page and create a new Recovery Key using your Apple ID password and one of your trusted devices.

1. Go to appleid.apple.com.
  2. Sign in with your password and trusted device.
  3. In the Sign-In and Security section, click Recovery Key > Change Recovery Key.

Keep your new Recovery Key in a safe place. Your old Recovery Key won't work anymore and you can't use it to reset your password or access your account. If you don't see Recovery Key in the Sign-In and Security section, then you are not using two-step verification. 

Two-step verification for Apple ID - Apple Support

How to remove iCloud Recovery Key?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.