Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes login

I’ve tried to login to iTunes to backup and restore but it’s not working. I don’t know if it’s because it’s an old email or Id name

Posted on Jul 4, 2022 12:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 4, 2022 3:20 PM

Check here -> see this Apple article: If your computer doesn't recognize your iPhone, iPad, or iPod

If your computer doesn't recognize your iPhone, iPad, or iPod - Apple Support

I don’t know if it’s because it’s an old email or Id name

What do you mean?

You are sign in here .  .  .  with your Apple ID & Password.

Your Apple ID is the personal account you use with all Apple products and services. It includes the email address and password you use to sign in, as well as the contact, payment, and security details that you use with Apple.

You can’t merge multiple Apple ID accounts.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 4, 2022 3:20 PM in response to Stress123

Check here -> see this Apple article: If your computer doesn't recognize your iPhone, iPad, or iPod

If your computer doesn't recognize your iPhone, iPad, or iPod - Apple Support

I don’t know if it’s because it’s an old email or Id name

What do you mean?

You are sign in here .  .  .  with your Apple ID & Password.

Your Apple ID is the personal account you use with all Apple products and services. It includes the email address and password you use to sign in, as well as the contact, payment, and security details that you use with Apple.

You can’t merge multiple Apple ID accounts.

Jul 4, 2022 11:36 PM in response to Stress123

I finally got into my iTunes and have been trying to get it moved from c drive to d.

If you have iTunes installed on your PC, don't en never move it to another internal drive, if you do that, it's a mess.

Make sure your Windows PC is up to date & has the latest version of iTunes.

See also -> Check your third-party security software.

Check the Wi-Fi connection.

Turn Off Hotspot.

Turn Off or remove VPN if necessary.

Disable all AV & Firewalls temporarily. 

Jul 4, 2022 9:34 PM in response to Stress123

I have spent half the day messing around with my computer and it’s about to be thrown out the window. I finally got into my iTunes and have been trying to get it moved from c drive to d. absolutely everything I have found and tried has only caused my iTunes to be unusable. It’s saying error. I’ve tried to uninstall and reinstall but it won’t even let that happen. If only I could afford a Mac this piece of crap would be hanging off the branches outside

iTunes login

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.