Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud sharing why can't my family see photos?

Posted on Jul 4, 2022 4:42 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 4, 2022 4:48 PM

Family sharing does not share all photos automatically but you can use a shared photo album. See the following from Family Sharing - Apple

When you set up your family, a shared album is created automatically in the Photos app on all family members’ devices. Everyone can add photos, videos, and comments to the album whenever they like and get notified when something new is added. 

Also, if you are asking about sharing an iCloud storage plan, see the following from Share iCloud+ with your family - Apple Support

When you share an iCloud+ subscription, everyone in the family group uses their own account. That way your photos, documents, and other information stay private, even though you're sharing access to the service. You simply share the features and space available in iCloud+ with your family members, so you only have one plan to manage.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 4, 2022 4:48 PM in response to rmstein

Family sharing does not share all photos automatically but you can use a shared photo album. See the following from Family Sharing - Apple

When you set up your family, a shared album is created automatically in the Photos app on all family members’ devices. Everyone can add photos, videos, and comments to the album whenever they like and get notified when something new is added. 

Also, if you are asking about sharing an iCloud storage plan, see the following from Share iCloud+ with your family - Apple Support

When you share an iCloud+ subscription, everyone in the family group uses their own account. That way your photos, documents, and other information stay private, even though you're sharing access to the service. You simply share the features and space available in iCloud+ with your family members, so you only have one plan to manage.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.