Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have MacBook Pro 15-inch early 2008, and after re-installing the OS, when it doesn't detect the keyboard

I have MacBook Pro 15-inch early 2008, and after re-installing the OS, when it doesn't detect the keyboard

do you have driver that I can download to fix the issue ?

Posted on Jul 4, 2022 5:30 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 4, 2022 6:17 PM

You do not need any special drivers to use the laptop's original built-in keyboard.

Did this problem exist before the reinstall? Why did you reinstall macOS? History & details are important as there is likely more going on here.

Did you perform a clean install of macOS by first erasing the whole physical drive before reinstalling macOS or did you just reinstall macOS over top of itself. If you performed a clean install of macOS, did you test the laptop before installing any third party apps and before migrating/restoring from a backup? If you did not, then you just left or brought back your original software issues.

Try booting into Safe Mode which should prevent the third party software from automatically running when booting the laptop.

Try running the Apple Hardware Test from one of the original DVDs which shipped with the laptop from the factory (should be on the second DVD).

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 4, 2022 6:17 PM in response to Yates21

You do not need any special drivers to use the laptop's original built-in keyboard.

Did this problem exist before the reinstall? Why did you reinstall macOS? History & details are important as there is likely more going on here.

Did you perform a clean install of macOS by first erasing the whole physical drive before reinstalling macOS or did you just reinstall macOS over top of itself. If you performed a clean install of macOS, did you test the laptop before installing any third party apps and before migrating/restoring from a backup? If you did not, then you just left or brought back your original software issues.

Try booting into Safe Mode which should prevent the third party software from automatically running when booting the laptop.

Try running the Apple Hardware Test from one of the original DVDs which shipped with the laptop from the factory (should be on the second DVD).

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.