You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Water on my iPhone 11 pro

My iPhone 12 pro fell in pool, 3 feet for a few min. Now it won't go on. Or do nothing pls help

Posted on Jul 4, 2022 5:29 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 5, 2022 6:29 AM

Bob Timmons wrote:

Most likely, water has damaged the electronic components inside the iPhone. This type of damage would not be covered by AppleCare or most warranties.

About all you can do is give the iPhone 4-5 days to dry, and try things out again. Please keep your expectations very low.

AppleCare+ would cover it as an accidental damage claim.

6 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 5, 2022 6:29 AM in response to Bob Timmons

Bob Timmons wrote:

Most likely, water has damaged the electronic components inside the iPhone. This type of damage would not be covered by AppleCare or most warranties.

About all you can do is give the iPhone 4-5 days to dry, and try things out again. Please keep your expectations very low.

AppleCare+ would cover it as an accidental damage claim.

Jul 5, 2022 3:04 PM in response to Lawrence Finch

Lawrence Finch wrote:
A long time ago Apple called the standard warranty “AppleCare”. But it hasn’t for many years; it’s now just the “standard warranty”. The extended warranty is now called AppleCare+.

I think in some markets, Apple still sells an extended warranty that they call "AppleCare". But it does get confusing. I don't believe they still sell anything like it in the United States. As far as I can tell, any country where AppleCare+ is available doesn't have an extended warranty only AppleCare.

This is for the Philippines. 3 years for Macs, 2 years for iPads, 3 years for AppleTV, and 2 years for iPods. But nothing available for iPhones. I don't believe any official AppleCare plan like this exists for iPhones anywhere in the world.

AppleCare Products - Apple (PH)

Water on my iPhone 11 pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.