Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Storage

How can I move apps, music and photos from my iPhone storage to my iCloud storage?

iPhone 6s, iOS 15

Posted on Jul 4, 2022 6:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 4, 2022 6:30 PM

I would like to warn you that iCloud is not a safe place to store anything important. It is a synching service which means that anything deleted on one device will be deleted on all devices. This means that if you accidentally delete an important photo from your iPad, it will be deleted from your phone also. It is much safer to save important photos and data on your computer or an external drive.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 4, 2022 6:30 PM in response to Vivian7684

I would like to warn you that iCloud is not a safe place to store anything important. It is a synching service which means that anything deleted on one device will be deleted on all devices. This means that if you accidentally delete an important photo from your iPad, it will be deleted from your phone also. It is much safer to save important photos and data on your computer or an external drive.

Jul 4, 2022 9:41 PM in response to Vivian7684

You are welcome, glad I could help. We see so many who do not understand this and lose important photos that they cannot get back unless they have backed them up to another device. I always export my photos to my computer and there they are included in the back-up of the computer as well as the back-up of the phone. I don't want to take any chances with important photos. Good Luck!

Storage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.