Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPhone won't charge

Hello,

I cannot charge my iPhone by power cord. What it could be?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 8, iOS 15

Posted on Jul 4, 2022 11:58 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 5, 2022 1:58 AM

Have you tried using a different cable? then a different charger?

Maybe force-restarting?

You can also check here for other possible If your iPhone or iPod touch won't charge - Apple Support (MY) solutions.

Worst case scenario, your charging port might be broken which would require you to replace, preferably at an authorized Apple repair center.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 5, 2022 1:58 AM in response to lauramazz

Have you tried using a different cable? then a different charger?

Maybe force-restarting?

You can also check here for other possible If your iPhone or iPod touch won't charge - Apple Support (MY) solutions.

Worst case scenario, your charging port might be broken which would require you to replace, preferably at an authorized Apple repair center.

Jul 5, 2022 2:04 AM in response to lauramazz

Hi,

Just an idea - if a different cable is not working, then you could have some dirt or dust in your charging port. You may want to take something like a toothpick and carefully scrape the inside of the charging port out. If there is some dust in there, you may be able to scoop it out.

I had the exact issue this morning and this fixed it fine for me, just don't be too forceful as you don't want to cause damage.

Let us know how you get on.

Ta

Dan

My iPhone won't charge

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.