Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Get Verification Code - 2 factor

Apple Support says a verification code can also be found in Settings/Privacy. Get a verification code and sign in with two-factor authentication - Apple Support It is not where they say on either device. I cannot find where "get verification code" is on my iPhone XS or my Mac book pro 2020. The first two images are iPhone 4 Xs and second two are Mac Book Pro 12.4. 2020. - both up to date.

iPhone XS

Posted on Jul 5, 2022 6:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 5, 2022 7:41 AM

Two-factor authentication for Apple ID - Apple Support (CA)

Verification codes

A verification code is a temporary code sent to your trusted device or phone number when you sign in to a new device or browser with your Apple ID. You can also get a verification code from Settings on your trusted device.

A verification code is different from the device passcode you enter to unlock your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. 

Normally it would appear on the Screen as a Pop Up on the Trusted Device

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 5, 2022 7:41 AM in response to CoachJessie

Two-factor authentication for Apple ID - Apple Support (CA)

Verification codes

A verification code is a temporary code sent to your trusted device or phone number when you sign in to a new device or browser with your Apple ID. You can also get a verification code from Settings on your trusted device.

A verification code is different from the device passcode you enter to unlock your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. 

Normally it would appear on the Screen as a Pop Up on the Trusted Device

Get Verification Code - 2 factor

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.