Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have paid for an extra 2TB of data storage on my iphone 12 but how does it work?

I GET MESSAGES I AM OUT OF STORAGE. How does this work?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jul 5, 2022 7:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 5, 2022 8:02 AM

The storage you pay for is iCloud storage. It resides on Apple servers. It is used to store your iPhone's iCloud backups, synced Photos, contacts, iCloud email, and synced files in iCloud Drive.

It does not and has never been purported to increase the local capacity of our iPhone in any way.

Its like asking why you are paying for a U-Store storage warehouse and don't get any extra room in your actual house.

Local storage capacity of an iPhone can never be changed. If you are running low on local storage space you need to delete content from the iPhone to make room.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 5, 2022 8:02 AM in response to servingheroes2013

The storage you pay for is iCloud storage. It resides on Apple servers. It is used to store your iPhone's iCloud backups, synced Photos, contacts, iCloud email, and synced files in iCloud Drive.

It does not and has never been purported to increase the local capacity of our iPhone in any way.

Its like asking why you are paying for a U-Store storage warehouse and don't get any extra room in your actual house.

Local storage capacity of an iPhone can never be changed. If you are running low on local storage space you need to delete content from the iPhone to make room.

I have paid for an extra 2TB of data storage on my iphone 12 but how does it work?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.