Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Page text background color

How do I remove the text 'background color' in pages?

WGB

iMac, OS X 10.11

Posted on Jul 5, 2022 9:08 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 9, 2022 8:22 AM

None of that worked as it seams this is something attached to Paste (yellow) or Paste and Match Style (blue). Also, there seems to be no way to select the 'background color' that I can discover. This looks like a awry added function that is in the background and non selectable.

WGB

3 replies

Jul 5, 2022 9:24 AM in response to Sparkgapper

If that text background color was applied to selected text from the Insert menu as a highlight, then click on the highlighted text, and when that comment pane appears, click the word "delete" on it. That will remove the author colored highlight.

If you used the Advanced Options panel [ ⚙️˅ ] to apply a Text Background color, select the affected text, and in that Text Background inkwell, select the transparent block in the lower-right corner with the red diagonal stripe. That will remove the background color from the selected text.

Jul 5, 2022 10:07 PM in response to VikingOSX

What is really funny it has only started happening lately. I do a lot of EDITING and have to download or copy/paste text and images into a Pages doc. The highlights happen when I do a straight copy/paste but does not happen when I do a copy/paste using doc parameter (SIC!!!) (forgot the actual wording but is a menu pick) but can be either yellow of baby blue or both.

I have tried all the usual tricks but no success so far. The other major problems is since I usually do do whole chapters, 7-15 half-legal pages (7X8.5) and the book can be 10 to 50 chapters long. It even stays when I transfer it to Pages 09 because of some of the punctuation correction needed at times or using punctuation to copy a unique set for global correction.

Do not really understand that; " then click on the highlighted text, and when that comment pane appears, click the word "delete" on it" as I have never heard of that before unless you mean RIGHT CLICK.

Tks for the suggestion and will see if I can figure it out

WGB

Page text background color

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.