Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I use my recovery key

what are the steps to using my recovery key

iPhone SE, iOS 15

Posted on Jul 5, 2022 9:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 5, 2022 9:09 AM

From the Related Article above.

Use a recovery key

If you forget your Apple ID password, you can try to regain access using your trusted device protected by a passcode. Or you can use your recovery key, a trusted phone number, and an Apple device to reset your password. Make sure the device is running iOS 11 or macOS High Sierra or later, and be sure to enter the complete recovery key including upper-case letters and hyphens. Learn more about what to do if you forget your Apple ID password

If you decide to stop using a recovery key, follow the steps above on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, and slide to turn off Recovery Key. On your Mac, click Turn Off in the Recovery Key section.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 5, 2022 9:09 AM in response to Matttweed-01

From the Related Article above.

Use a recovery key

If you forget your Apple ID password, you can try to regain access using your trusted device protected by a passcode. Or you can use your recovery key, a trusted phone number, and an Apple device to reset your password. Make sure the device is running iOS 11 or macOS High Sierra or later, and be sure to enter the complete recovery key including upper-case letters and hyphens. Learn more about what to do if you forget your Apple ID password

If you decide to stop using a recovery key, follow the steps above on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, and slide to turn off Recovery Key. On your Mac, click Turn Off in the Recovery Key section.

How do I use my recovery key

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.