Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

urgent!! Whenever i try to install an application it doesn't work?

I have previously tried to download Origin and other application from the internet to my macbook air.

The initial download works fine, pull the download over into the applications folder like i am asked to and this bit also works fine. Once i try to open the app from the taskbar at the bottom it asks if i want to open it i say yes and then it instantly crashes.

at first i thought this was error with the app so i trashed all the files and tried again as much to my surprise i had the same error. I tried downloading the file via another browser so i switch from safari to chrome and had the extra same error. I found older versions of the origin app and these got to the exact same stage and crash when i am attempting to open them to install.

I am assuming this is not an issue the programs but an issue with my mac itself as the same error presents itself when download different applications.

I dont know if this information helps at all but my mac is:

macOS Monterey version 12.3.1

Macbook air m1 2020

chip - apple m1

startup disk macintosh HD

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.3

Posted on Jul 5, 2022 11:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 5, 2022 2:23 PM

The problem is there is no version of Origin that runs on an M1 Mac.

Similar questions

1 reply

urgent!! Whenever i try to install an application it doesn't work?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.