Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Removing a child from family sharing

I have four children and introduced an incorrect email for my 12 year old son and now I can't remove it from my family sharing, but maxed out the amount of members in my family. I need to remove him so I can add my wife. Any instructions on how to do this?

Posted on Jul 5, 2022 12:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 5, 2022 12:21 PM

Try updating the email address to the correct one instead: link-> Change the email you use as your Apple ID - Apple Support

Or see if there's a number you can call for your country here: Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

4 replies

Jul 5, 2022 2:12 PM in response to franciscobendfeldt

You can't remove a child under 13 from Family Sharing. You can either:

Move a child to another group using Family Sharing - Move a child to another group using Family Sharing - Apple Support

or:

Delete their Apple ID account entirely. Doing this means the child will no longer be able to re-download purchases.

One way to do this would be to log into the unwanted "child" account and request deletion of the AppleID. You should have the ID and password from when you first set up the account, or can recover the password according to information provided in the referenced links below.

Family Sharing and Apple ID for your child - Create an Apple ID for your child - Apple Support

- "Your email address is the rescue email address for your child’s account, and you can use it with the security questions you provided to reset a forgotten password. You can keep your your child's account more secure with two-factor authentication."

- "If you need to see the options you have for managing your child's account, you can sign in with their Apple ID and password at privacy.apple.com."

How to delete your Apple ID account - How to delete your Apple ID account - Apple Support

- Can I delete my child’s account?

"Your child can also request deletion of their Apple ID, which requires your approval."

You could also contact Apple about this request:

Contact - Official Apple Support Select your region from the list and then your country from the pop-up window. If you do not see your country, see if there is an "other" listing for that region.

Choose your country or region - Official Apple Support Select your country, then a product. If you don't see one that handles your issue then keep experimenting with selections until you reach one that gets you a chat session or a telephone call and get the representative to redirect you.

It would help when asking this kind of question if you said in which country you are located. There may be different solutions depending upon the actual country involved.

Removing a child from family sharing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.